You can never have too many good soup recipes. This delicious Caribbean-inspired sweet potato and sesame soup is from the Veganuary website but it’s still delicious in February!
Simple and tasty, this soup is also full of great nutrients. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamins A and C, and potassium, perfect for replacing electrolytes after a hot yoga session. Throw in carrots, fresh ginger, garlic and you have a perfect winter meal-in-a-pot that will keep you warm and keep your body strong.
Pick up the ingredients and visit Veganuary for the full instructions.
- 1 red onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 20ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 30ml olive oil
- 20ml margarine
- 45ml dry sherry
- 2 tsp rapadura/coconut sugar
- 500ml/2cups water
- 3 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 15ml tomato paste
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 10ml sesame seeds, toasted (set aside some for serving)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 400ml/1 tin coconut milk
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 15ml cumin seeds, toasted
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Fresh/shaved coconut, toasted for serving
Serve with chickpea flatbread for a hearty, super-clean meal.
Share your favourite soup recipe in the comments!