Plums are a delicious seasonal treat that is packed with nutrients. They are high in vitamins A, C and K, as well as fibre. One of my favourite ways to coax the maximum sweet, juicy flavour from them is by making a crumble.
This vegan, gluten free version is made of healthy ingredients, giving you even more fibre, vitamins and minerals. Have it as a treat after a meal, or combine it with some non-dairy yogurt for a super refueling snack after yoga.
- 800g ripe plums, pitted and quartered
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
For the topping:
- 100g gluten free rolled oats
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 100g coconut oil, chilled
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix the plums, lemon juice, vanilla sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Let sit for 30-60 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Work in the cold coconut oil to form large crumbs. Do this quickly, to avoid it melting.
- Pour the plum mixture into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Cover with crumble topping.
- Bake at 190 C for 30-40 minutes, or until top is crispy and plums soft and juicy.
Share your favourite seasonal fruit recipe or idea in the comments!