We’re away in Cyprus this week for Yoga Holiday With Paul where, among other things, we are enjoying a range of delicious plant-based meals made with local produce.
Potatoes are one of the secret stars of the veg world. They are packed with vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium, making them perfect pre- or post-yoga fuel. They also have a much higher water content than grains, ideal for hydrating in a hot climate!
This simple potato salad recipe uses many of the wonderful flavours of the Med. Make a meal of it by serving it along with a green salad and a protein dish, or enjoy it as a snack.
- Waxy or new potatoes
- Fresh green beans
- Kalamata olives
- Extra-virgin Olive oil
- Rosemary (preferably fresh)
- Thyme (preferably fresh)
- Sea salt flakes
- Coarse-ground black pepper
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Boil and cool the potatoes (peel if desired, or leave skins on for flavour and fibre)
- Chop and blanch the green beans
- Combine potatoes and green beans with olives and capers, to taste
- Squeeze fresh lemon over the salad, adding olive oil to taste
- Chop the rosemary and thyme
- Add herbs, salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste, tossing to mix
- Cover and leave for at least 30 minutes to let the flavours blend
- Serve as a main, side or snack