This year, for the first time, there will be a Yoga Holiday with Paul on Cyprus from
14 September- 21 September 2018.
To give you a little preview, I wanted to share some fun facts about this gorgeous island. Those of you who join the retreat will have a chance to explore its beauty, along with the regularly scheduled programme of twice-a-day yoga classes, meditation, delicious clean food, stunning beaches, music, laughter, fun and friendship!
Thanks to the Fact File for these Cyprus insights!
- Cyprus is the third largest and third most populous island in the Mediterranean.
- Some of the world’s oldest water wells can be found in Cyprus.
- Legend has it that the Greek goddess of love–Aphrodite–was born in Cyprus. The country is also known as the playground of the Gods.
- A whole town in Cyprus is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its name is Paphos. There are a total of three UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the country, including Paphos.
- The world’s oldest wine label belongs to Cyprus. “Commandaria” is recognized as the world’s oldest named wine dating back 5000 years.
- Cyprus is the only foreign venue at which an English Royal Wedding has been hosted. The wedding was of King Richard and Queen Joanna on May 12, 1191.
- People of the island speak a mix of Greek, Turkish and English.
- Twenty rare species of Orchids and 371 species of migratory birds can be seen on the island.
- Out of the total 1950 species of flowering plants worldwide, 140 are found nowhere but in Cyprus.
- Cyprus is known for its sunshine! It receives sunshine for more than 300 days during a year, which is nearly double the amount received in Britain.
To reserve your place or for more information mail: YogaHolidayWithPaul@gmail.com