Peaches are in their prime right now. As are avocados. What could be better than a salad that combines the two?
On the Yoga Holiday With Paul retreat we were lucky enough to have fabulous, fresh vegan catering that reminded us all how wonderful it is to eat ripe, seasonal produce.
It inspired me to look out for new ways to enjoy my favourite fruits, hence this fun chilli-infused recipe for peach and avocado salad via Country Living. It’s from a collection of 56 peach recipes, so be sure to check the rest out for even more inspiration!
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. pure honey
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 hot chilli, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ripe but firm peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 avocados, pitted and cut into wedges
- large handful fresh mint, torn, plus more for garnish
- 60g roasted pistachios, chopped
- Shake together the lemon juice, oil and honey.
- Add the chopped shallot and chilli. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the sliced peaches in the mixture and let sit for up to an hour.
- Just before serving mix in avocados and mint.
- Toss, season and serve garnished with mint and pistachios.
What’s your favourite way to eat a peach? Share in the comments!