Lime is one of the most delicious flavours of summer — sour, bright, pungent, it is a perfect refresher in hot weather. If you are looking for something a little more yoga friendly than a mojito (ahem!) try these no-bake Key lime pie bars. They are easy to make, vegan and gluten free.
The recipe is from the Minimalist Baker, which is a terrific site. It focuses on amazing food made from simple, whole food ingredients. Whenever I browse I immediately want to try every recipe!
The ingredients are below. For the full recipe instructions click here.
- 120 g raw cashews
- 240 g coconut cream* (the hardened portion at the top of canned full fat coconut milk or coconut cream)
- 14 g arrowroot starch (or cornstarch, though I prefer arrowroot in this recipe)
- 120 ml lime juice (regular or key lime)
- 4 g lime zest (2 limes yield ~1 heaping Tbsp or 4 g)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 60 ml maple syrup (or agave nectar // plus more to taste)
- 14 g organic powdered sugar (optional // for topping)
- 80 g gluten-free oats
- 100 g almonds (I mixed almonds and pecans)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 18 g coconut sugar
- 45–60 ml coconut oil (melted)
What’s your favourite summer flavour? Share in the comments!