As the weather hots up quick, cooling nutritious smoothies are a great way to hydrate and get essential nutrients and electrolytes.
This blueberry smoothie recipe, adapted from Soom Foods, is a great base recipe, and contains a blend of protein, minerals, vitamins and carbs to keep you fuelled.
You can substitute any berry, or other fruit like chunks of frozen melon, for variety.
Blueberry Tahini Smoothie
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped
- 70g frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 120ml Greek yogurt, or non-dairy yoghurt
- 60ml milk, or non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp Soom tahini
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add more milk if you desire a thinner consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!