Spring and summer are the perfect time for fast, simple, seasonal food. This BBC Food recipe for grilled vegetable pitta pockets ticks all the boxes: fresh, nutritious, quick to prepare and perfect for eating on the go. Check out the original recipe at BBC Food.
- 1 courgette, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- small handful broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp tahini paste
- small garlic clove, crushed
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- 1 large wholemeal pitta bread
- Toss the courgette slices in the harissa and olive oil, and season. Cook on a hot griddle pan for 2 mins each side or until tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2 mins, drain under cold running water, then slip them out of their outer skins. Discard the skins. Put the broad beans, hummus and spring onion in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, mix the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and yogurt. Toast the pitta and split it to create 2 pockets. Spoon the hummus mix inside each pocket, followed by the spicy courgette slices and a drizzle of the yogurt mixture.