Fresh, seasonal food is good for you, and for the planet. Spring brings wonderful ingredients, among them asparagus. Tender young asparagus is delicious simply grilled or charred, but it can also be used in a huge range of dishes.
Not only does it taste fantastic, asparagus contains vitamins A, C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate, iron, copper, calcium, protein, and fibre. Grab a bunch at the farmers’ market and try this asparagus and chickpea salad recipe from Diane’s Vegan Kitchen.
Here’s your ingredients list. Click here for the full article.
For the Dressing
- Non-dairy milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- Raw cashews, soaked for two hours, rinse and drained
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Fresh parsley, chopped, loosely packed
- Fresh chives, chopped, loosely packed
For the Salad
- Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Green leaf lettuce, chopped
- Watercress, stems removed
- Radicchio, sliced
- Cooked chickpeas
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- Parsley, chopped
- Vegan feta, or your favorite vegan cheese
For more recipes check out…