Crescent lunge is a classic yoga power move. This energising pose activates the large muscles of your lower body, the glutes and quads creating flexibility and strength.
It challenges the muscles in your feet and ankles, helping you create a strong foundation. And it works your core, chest, lungs, shoulders, abs, arms and back (as you can see).
The key to getting the maximum benefit from crescent lunge is to focus on form.
- Root the front foot with the knee directly above the ankle.
- Straighten the back leg.
- Distribute the weight back onto the toes as the rear heel pushes towards the earth.
- Tuck the pelvis and draw the inner thighs towards each other.
- Lift the rib cage to open your heart and lungs.
- Extend the spine.
- Raise the arms straight, without bending elbows or the wrists.
- Clasp hands together or, to vary, separate them with palms facing and fingers spread.
- Look forward.
Questions or comments? Just ask!