This delicious mint, pea and spinach soup from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen is a fantastic transitional recipe to see you through the varied weather of British spring.
It is very fast and versatile, and can be served warm or cold depending on the climate! The original recipe calls for cashews and recommends avocado as an alternative. Personally, I would avocado for an extra fruit boost. I reckon it would also taste delicious using coriander as a substitute for the mint. What do you think?
- 240ml water
- 30g raw cashews or 1/4 avocado
- 1 clove garlic , peeled
- 400g frozen green peas (no need to thaw)
- 90g fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- salt to taste
- lemon wedges , to serve
- Place the water, cashews or avocado, and garlic into blender and blend at the highest speed until completely smooth.
- Add the peas, spinach, lemon juice, and mint and blend at high speed, using a pusher if your blender has one, until thick and smooth.
- Taste and add freshly ground black pepper, salt, and additional lemon juice, if needed.
- Serve cold, with lemon to squeeze into individual servings.
For more preparation options read the whole post at Fat Free Vegan Kitchen.
Share your favourite spring recipe in the comments!