This recipe from Gluten Free on a Shoestring makes soft, delicious gingerbread that you don’t have to be gluten free to love. If you’re having a holiday get-together, or taking food to a party, these are perfect: simple, comforting, tasty and suitable for all.
For the full recipe, and many more GF goodies, visit the website.
- 210g all purpose gluten free flour
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend already contains it)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 110g packed light brown sugar
- 85g unsalted butter or coconut oil, at room temperature
- 85g unsulphured molasses
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 egg at room temperature, beaten
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Royal Icing, for decorating (optional)
For full instructions visit Gluten Free on a Shoestring
What’s your favourite Christmas biscuit? Share in the comments!