Radishes are in season right now. Red, white or purple, they are a perfect, crispy, nutritious snack, and a colourful addition to salads and stir-fries. Radishes contain
B vitamins including folate, riboflavin, and B6; potassium; copper, magnesium, manganese, and calcium. They are also high in water content, making them great for a light snack before practice.
If you need some radish inspiration try this BBC Food noodle salad recipe. You can substitute soba (buckwheat) noodles and tamari to make it gluten free
For the noodle salad
- 200g/7oz whole wheat noodles, cooked according to packet instructions and drizzled with groundnut oil to prevent sticking
- 200g/7oz red radishes, washed and quartered
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 small handful black sesame seeds or toasted sesame seeds
- fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
For the sesame soy dressing
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Chinese black rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
Share your favourite radish recipe in the comments!