Avocado and Mango Salsa is a Yoga Holiday With Paul favourite and I can’t be the only one looking forward to the veggie food at the upcoming retreat! This delicious, fresh, easy recipe means don’t have to wait to for our brilliant caterers. My version uses a fiery, slightly sweet Scotch bonnet chilli. You can tone down the heat by using a fresh jalapeño.
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/2 small sweet white onion
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 Scotch bonnet chilli, seeds removed, minced (wear gloves!)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (optional)
- Salt flakes
- Peel and dice the mango, avocado and onion and place in a large bowl.
- De-seed and dice the tomato, place in a separate bowl and salt liberally.
- De-seed and mince the chilli (if you have sensitive skin wear gloves, and whatever you do don’t rub your eyes!)
- Combine all the fruits.
- Mix together the fresh lime and agave. Pour over the fruit. Mix well. Taste and season.
You can make this a couple of hours in advance and refrigerate to coax out the flavours.