Rejoice, cake can be good for you! This banana bread recipe from the Minimalist Baker is simple, packed with nutritious ingredients, gluten free and can be made vegan.
Unlike store-bought treats, it has no artificial ingredients or refined sugar, and has plenty of fibre, protein and healthy fats, as well as vitamins and minerals. The sea salt and cane sugar also help balance electrolytes after a sweaty hot yoga session. Have a slice with almond or peanut butter for breakfast, or crumble it over a fruit bowl.
Click here for the full recipe via the Minimalist Baker.
The only gluten free banana bread recipe you’ll ever need. One bowl, simple ingredients, so moist, hearty and delicious.Author: Minimalist BakerRecipe type: BreakfastCuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free OptionalServes: 10Ingredients
- 3 medium ripe bananas (~1.5 cups or 337 g)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg (or sub 1 chia or flax egg – see notes)
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) grape seed or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 g) organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup packed (55 g) organic brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp (63-84 g) honey, depending on ripeness of bananas (or sub maple syrup)
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unsweetened almond or dairy milk
- 1 1/4 cup (137 g) almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup (200 g) gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/4 cup (112 g) gluten free oats