Happy New Year, yogis.
Whether you’ve been practicing yoga for a year, 5 years, 10 years, or are thinking about taking your first class, take the turn of the year as an opportunity to practice a new kind of yoga.
There are many ways to do this. You can literally take something new, like Vinyasa, Jivanmukti or Forrest, or you can choose to change an aspect of your current practice.
Here are 5 suggestions that can reinvigorate your practice for 2016:
- If you always take certain classes on certain days, try a different time, or add a new class.
- If you feel strong in your practice but struggle to maintain focus outside the studio, add meditation to your routine.
- Add a healthful food or recipe to your regular diet.
- Go on a yoga holiday or take a yoga class when you travel.
- Add a new pose or element to your practice, for example, inversions, or arm balances.
What are your tips for renewing your yoga for the new year?